Primary Facilitator (Primary)
Eugenia Afawubo obtained her degree from the University of Ghana, Legon. She read a Bachelor of Arts degree in English, Linguistic and History and graduated in English and History.
She went on to do her National Service at Ghana International School where she was exposed to the British National Curriculum. She worked in class 4 as a Teaching Assistant. With the exposure Eugenia had at GIS she realized she had a calling for teaching.
In 2013 she joined the ARIS family and is currently teaching year 2B.
While managing her role as a facilitator at ARIS, Eugenia, a life-long learner has set aside time to complete the following workshops and professional development courses:
- Jolly Phonics – Phonics and Grammar, August 2014
- IB Category 1: Making the PYP Happen, March 2014
- IB Category 2: Teaching and learning through inquiry, 2015
- Cambridge International Day workshop, 2015
- Cambridge Primary Math , 2016
- IB Category 3: Math through Inquiry, 2017
- IB Global Conference - Hague, Netherlands, 2017
- Seesaw Ambassador, 2017
- PGDE, University of Education. Winneba, 2018
One of her best quotes is ‘A man who asks is a fool for five minutes. A man who never asks is a fool for life’. Eugenia also believes life is about finding your calling and fulfilling it.