Primary Facilitator and Blended Learning Coordinator (Primary)
Jones Dodoo received a B.Ed. Mathematics degree from the University of Education, Winneba and is currently teaching in Primary 2 at Al-Rayan International School. A strong advocate of hands-on inquiry-based learning. He involves his students in a variety of problem solving and technology-infused activities that provides them to use their understanding to help others. His professional interest focuses on thematic planning and cooperative learning.
Jones has been teaching for a decade and has led several pupils to achieve a standardized heights. Prior to joining Al-Raya, he was a Year 2 teacher at East Airport International School and the Activity coordinator where he implemented many programmes and regulations for the use of their school’s co-curricular activities.
Jones has taught in schools such as Ebenezer Senior High School, Lubuse R/C basic School and East Airport International School. Jones was adjudged the best teacher in East Airport international School in the year 2014.
In 2015, Jones moved on to join Al-Rayan International School as a shadow Facilitator where he sat and observed Year 6, 3, 2 facilitators. In August 2015, he was assigned to the Year 3C class as a class facilitator where he taught for only a year. As a dynamic facilitator, Jones was reassigned to the Year 2A class as a facilitator in August, 2017.
As an IB PYP facilitator, Jones has been able to upgrade himself through series of educational trainings such as:
- Classroom strategies and management By Eric Jar (2012)
- IB Workshop: Making the PYP happen. Category 1
- IB Workshop: Mathematics through inquiry Category 3
- New science of Learning for Struggling Readers (2017)
- Getting started (2017-2018)
- Engaging with Learning technology-cyber well-being (2017- 2018)
- Engaging with professional development- Keeping up to date (2017 - 2018)
- Engaging with SEN – gifted and talented learners (2017-2018)
- Teaching for success- Understanding SEN (2016-2017)
- Understanding lesson management 1 (2017 - 2018)
It’s been a fruitful journey in his career and Jones always says, “I love my job and I can’t explain”.
Favorite quote: “The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don’t tell you what to see” Alexandra K. Trenfor.